The Diaphragm Blues - 1:3

[postlink]http://diaphragmblues.blogspot.com/2009/09/diaphragm-blues-13.html[/postlink]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phyKVXrGiO4endofvid
[starttext]


The scene is a Slam poetry event. The Poet Reads.



“Diaphragm Blues.”
THE POET AKA LINDSAY


Oh I’ve got the diaphragm blues, because I didn’t have one to use. The pill seemed too risky, I’m sure you heard that news.

The foam was just too gross, and I could never find the right dose, and The IUD, left me feeling at sea. Now, I should have walked away, resisting his call to play. I could have hung up the phone, created an arctic zone. And now his Lawyer say:

(singing) This is what you call fate; you should never bait your date without a diaphragm in place. This is what you call fate; you should never bait your date without a diaphragm in place.

(spoken) And the boys say:

(singing) We won’t wear no raincoat, don’t like no second skin, we want to feel like old faithful, girls apply within.

(spoken) He told me that sex was great, but now my periods late. Sadly, that was only our very first date.  I didn’t know what I was doing, and now my boobs are bloomin’. I should have a seen this as a very clear sign, even though it was my very first time

So, I’ve got the diaphragm blues and a baby with no shoes. The only way now to win is to lose; I’ve got the diaphragm blues.

And his Lawyer said

(singing) This is what you call fate; you should never bait your date without a diaphragm in place. This is what you call fate; you should never bait your date without a diaphragm in place.

(spoken) And the boys say:

(singing) We won’t wear no raincoat, don’t like no second skin, we want to feel like old faithful, girls apply within.

Lights Dim - fade to black











[endtext]

No comments: