The Buddha-Man - 2:3

[postlink]http://diaphragmblues.blogspot.com/2009/09/buddha-man-23.html[/postlink]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCwfKkQPuC0endofvid
[starttext]


The scene takes place in a cocktail bar. Two old friends are drinking and catching up with each other. The conversation turns to sex and sexuality.



“The Buddha-Man.”


LINDSAY AKA THE POET

The first time I saw sex? I was eleven years old. My sister and I skipped school with the Camron kids, Liza-Belle and Bobbie-Ray. Now, their mother did “IT” for a living and we were going to find out what “IT” was. It must have been toward the end of the school year because it was already humid as hell by the time the four of us snuck up onto the Camron’s property and right under the master bedroom window. There, Bobbie-Ray made of himself a table so I could stand on him. Looking through that window all I could see was the back of the fattest, hairiest man I had ever seen. Why, he had so much hair on his back that I swear I could have just reached over and made a long French Braid starting at the nape of his neck and down the middle of his back, ending in a tail to drift among his buttocks. Then he turned his Buddha stomach to the side for my viewing pleasure. There I saw it. Sprouting straight up from between his legs was something that resembled a slot machine lever. Miss Camron kneeled like in prayer before this Buddha-like-Slot Machine-Man, but she didn’t pray. Instead she reached her right hand toward the lever, and pulled it down towards her . . . and well, she must have gotten four bars because that lever of his just started to shoot out the most disgusting substance I had ever seen. It was at that moment that I realized I was gay. It was also at the moment that I realized that if this was the most interesting thing to skip school for, than nothing was worthy of skipping school. Which is why I am a lesbian and a poet today. Funny, I can’t go to Reno and play the slots without thinking about Buddha-Man. I owe Bobby-Ray Camron a great deal. Don’t you think? Cha-ching. Cha-ching. Cha-ching.










[endtext]

No comments: